Sun-Dried Tomato Seared Scallops
Recipe type: Seafood
Serves: Serves 2
- 10 sea scallops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup & 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 3 zucchini, julienned
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
- If sun dried tomatoes are moist, dry in 200 degree oven for about 15 minutes (until dry)
- Chop sun-dried tomatoes in blener until it becomes a smooth powder.
- Add basil, orange juice, and lemon juice to blender. Blend on moderate speed while drizzling ¼ cup of olive oil in mixture.
- Heat non-stick pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp. Olive oil and garlic. Saute garlic for 15 seconds, do not burn, then add zucchini. Saute together, stirring frequently for 2 minutes until zucchini softens. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomoatoes then turn off heat.
- Heat another non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Season scallops with salt and pepper and dustlightly with sun-dried powder. Add 1 tbsp. Olive oil to pan and add scallops slowly.
- Let cook for about 3 minutes, then flip. Let cook for another 2 minutes; transfer to a paper towel.
- To serve:
- Mound zucchini in the middle of two dinner plates. Place 5 scallops around each mound. Drizzle vinaigrette around the dish. Garnish with fresh basil sprig and a sprinkling of tomato powder.