Skillet Chicken & Vegetables
Recipe type: Main
Serves: Serves 6
- 2 lb Meaty Chicken pieces, (breast halves, thighs, drumsticks)
- Nonstick spray coating
- 1 cup Sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup Sliced celery
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- ½ cup Coarsely chopped carrot
- 1 medium Onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons Snipped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Dried thyme, crushed
- Remove skin form chicken. Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Spray a cold skillet with nonstick coating. Preheat the skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken on all sides in hot skillet. Drain fat from skillet.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms, celery, white wine, carrot, onion, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme to the skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink. Discard bay leaf. Transfer chicken and vegetables to serving platter; keep warm.
- For sauce, bring liquid in skillet to boiling. Cook about 3 minutes or till reduced to ½ cup. Pour sauce over chicken and vegetables.